Pressure Gauges Maintenance and Calibration
workshop is a practical three-day session dealing with all aspects of pressure
gauge and transducer calibration. It is especially useful for staff involved in
testing and calibration of pressure gauges by comparison against reference
pressure gauges or deadweight testers.
Calibration is more than simply checking or adjusting an instrument. Calibration involves ensuring the gauge under test is working properly, ensuring the reference instrument has a traceable calibration, comparing the two instruments using an appropriate method, and calculating the measurement uncertainty.
This workshop teaches attendees an efficient method to calibrate pressure gauges that meets the technical, quality and legal aspects of calibration. A feature of the method is the straight forward way that the measurement uncertainty is calculated.
The presentations include many demonstrations and hands-on activities that will be of interest to new and experienced users. Attendees should be able to calibrate a pressure gauge, calculate the associated measurement uncertainty, as well as carry out regular in-service checks on reference equipment.
Engineers, technicians, and operators dealing with pressure gauges and periodic calibration. Well testing operators who deals with pressure reading and pressure gauges in daily bases will benefit from this course.
General Program and Learning Outcomes
- Introduction to pressure measurement
- The dead weight gauge
- Pressure from liquid columns
- Pressure gauge types
- Common Connector types
- Calibration Principles
- Accuracy of gauge types
- Connection types, adapters, mating methods
- Producing calibration pressures.
- Selecting pressure measurement equipment
- Use and maintenance of deadweight testers and reference gauges, including carrying out in-service checks
- Understanding deadweight tester and reference gauge calibration certificates
- Methods of pressure gauge calibration using either deadweight testers or reference gauges
- Calculating measurement uncertainty
- Meeting ISO17025 or in-house quality requirements for traceability
- Calibration Certificates filling out
- Safety issues and PPE
- All lectures are in colorful presentation
- All lectures are interspersed with interactive
- All lectures include group discussion, case history and exercises
- On-hands practical training on dead weight tester and other pressure gauges calibration equipment
- Participants receive a multicolor course manual
- Pictures of real incidents and case history are shown
- Videos on the subject are shown
during the course days from 09:00 to 15:00